Our Central Government Launched a web portal for getting Digital Driving License and Vehicle Registration Certificate at Digital Locker web portal digilocker.gov.in….
DigiLocker is a platform for issuance and verification of documents & certificates in a digital way, thus eliminating the use of physical documents. All the Indian citizens who sign up for a DigiLocker account get a dedicated cloud storage space that is linked to their Aadhaar (UIDAI) number. The citizens without Aadhaar number can also open an account in the DigiLocker.
How to Create Account in Digital Locker website at digilocker.gov.in
- Go to the URL www.digilocker.gov.in in your browser.
- Now you can find the Sign Up for DigiLocker button on the homepage. Click on it
- Now you will be taken to a new page where you can see a field for entering your mobile number. Enter your number and click continue button.
- Once you click continue you will get a One Time Password (OTP) to your mobile, which you need to enter in the OTP field. Then click on the Verify button
- Now you will again be asked to verify your Aadhaar number through the registered mobile number of your Aadhaar card. Verification can be done either by OTP or by FingerPrint (which needs a biometric device).
- After the above step you need to sync your Aadhaar number by entering it in the respective field.
- In the next page you will prompted to set a username and password to your new DigiLocker account and click on Sign Up button to finish the signup process
- After sign up process you can also link your Aadhaar number to the account to use the full benefits of the DigiLocker.
- All the government related document facilities will be accessible only if you link your Aadhaar number to the account.
What you can do in DigiLocker Login
Once you created your account and login to the account you can find the following options in it.
- Your dashboard shows you a count of Issued Documents and Uploaded Documents.
- The menu contains Issued documents, Uploaded Documents and Shared Documents.
- You can also track all your activities in the portal through the Track Activity link in the menu.
- You can change your password, update your mobile number and even link a Aadhaar number.
The DigiLocker portal is also featuring the DigiLocker Mobile App for both Android and iOS mobiles to get all the features through mobile also. You can download them and use them on your mobiles.