Abbreviated as UP is a state in the Indian country which is highly populated. It has been there for years and was official established in the year 1937. The state is fourth largest state in Indian, with all this the state has developed both economically and technology wise. They have different systems in the country which make life easy for the citizens.
As described above the Uttar Pradesh state has a lot of people both permanent and foreigners. Most of them have a passion for driving and buy cars which help them commute to their places of work. However the state government is strict on matters of road safety. They have a body by the name Regional Transport office (RTO). RTO overlooks matters of driving and driving license, who qualifies to hold the license and at what age. RTO is widely spread in the Indian country and they really work in ensuring the right people obtain the license.
Who is eligible to apply for a driving license in Uttar Pradesh?
- The holder of the license must be 18 years and above.
- One needs a learner’s license before applying for the permanent license.
- One has to apply for permanent license within 30 days or 180 days of obtaining the learner’s license.
- One has to go for the driving school and learn all the rules and traffics signs.
- For the applicants of the transport vehicles one has to be 20 years and above.
The legal documents one should have before applying.
Submit the age proof documents which include:
- Birth certificate.
- Copy of the passport.
- School certificate.
- Certificate from your employer especially the government employees.
- The pan card.
- Ration card.
- Voter’s ID
- Electricity bill.
- Telephone bill.
- LIC policy bond.
- A valid passport.
- A letter or certificate from your current employer.
- Form 4 which is the application form.
- Form 5 for individuals applying for heavy commercial vehicles.
- Your learner’s license.
- Three passport photos.
How do i apply for the Uttar Pradesh Driving License either Online / Offline at uptransport.upsdc.gov.in?
- Navigate o the official website page and click on the link: http://uptransport.upsdc.gov.in
- On the page download the form 4 and fill the following details: The applicant’s names, The father/guardian names, Give the permanent address, Date of birth, Where you reside, Identification and Education level
- After filling the data correctly now book a slot for the driving test.
- Choose the date and time which will work for you and when the officers are available.
- If the time slots are full just wait for a vacant slot.
- Make the right payments and avail yourself early at the test center.
- Go to the https://www.sarathi.nic.in
- On the menu bar select the new driving license.
- Fill the details required like the applicant’s name, date of birth, father’s name and address.
- You will receive an application number which you will use in checking your status.
- Make a time and date slot for your test.
- Make sure you appear at the test early
- When the test is done and happen to pass you will receive your driving license in days.
- Go to the nearest RTO offices.
- Pick the form 4 and fill in your details.
- Recheck and submit to the officer in charge.
- Remember to attach the required documents.
- Here you still have to book a slot for your test.
- Appear at the test center after qualifying the license will be sent through the post.
How to apply for international driving license
This a license offered to individuals who want to drive in foreign countries. The process is simple if one has the required documents as follows:
- Your permanent driving license.
- Nationality proof/ID
- Residence proof
- 5 clear, recent passport photos.
- Medical report in form 1 A
- Have a fee of RS 1000
The following documents should be submitted at the RTO offices. One can download the forms online and drop at the same offices. Note the valid period of the license is short since some countries have different driving side. The Indian citizens have a one year validity to own an international license.
How go by the driving test in the Uttar Pradesh state
Individuals taking the driving test should appear at the center early. The test are conducted by the Motor vehicle inspector.He checks the kind of skills you have and whether you qualify to be on the roads. A test on road signs will also be test and when you go through the test successfully the license will be sent by post. In case one fails the MTI officer will give a chance of seven days to retake the test.
Questions about driving license in Uttar Pradesh
- How long does the training take for one to take the driving test?
All the individuals opting to go to the driving school will train for 21 days and later apply for a DL
- What the consequences of driving a vehicle without insurance?
The UP government is very strict on the road safety. One needs to pay for their insurance in case found a high fee may apply.
Note driving safely and make sure to use all the traffic rules well.